Requirements for The South Africa Project
- Must be a McClymonds High school student or student of an OUSD school with a 2.0 GPA. Each student must maintain a 2.0 before the trip and will be asked to bring in progress reports (4) beforethe trip takes off.
- To be a junior mentor, we are asking you to be a college student or a 2nd year attendant.
- If you are interested in being a chaperone, we are seeking adults who have no problem holding others and themselves accountable and can lead without being asked too.
- The application for this trip will be online and can be found under the tab Mack to Africa 2019. There are three different forms, Student, Junior Mentor and Chaperone. Please fill out the appropriate form.
- The first informational held is for interested students, junior mentors, and chaperones.
- All participants including chaperones must pay the full deposit $1,000 which can be broken into three payment of $316.67.
- If you are serious about going on this trip, there is a $50 deposit to be made at the first official parent/guardian and student meeting. **Parents are required to attend all meetings where their presence is requested unless Ms. K is notified in advance.
- For chaperones and the junior mentor, you must fill out the application and bring your $50 to the first official chaperone or junior mentor meeting. **You are expected to attend all meetings prior to the trip.
- After fully committing to the trip, you are allowed 3 unexcused absences. We are building a community, so we are asking for everyone's 100% commitment to this journey.
- Both chaperones and students are required to attend 5 fundraisers. If something happens where you are unable to attend, you must call Kharyshi (Ms. K) at 510.681.8051 in advance.
- Whenever you are unable to attend a meeting or any other event related to this trip, you are responsible for contactingKharyshi (510) 681-8051 at your earliest convenience. If not you will put yourself in jeopardy of not attending the trip.
- Travel Documentation: Every participant must have the required documentation necessary to participate in the trip prior to the date of departure, including the student's birth certificate, Passport, and the South African Affidavit.
- Passports, Permission Slips, South African Affidavit and any other materials requested should be returned to Ms. K.
- Your South African Affidavit MUST be notarized.
- Upon return back home, all particpants are required to attend all report backs. **This information will be given unpon return.
A PassportAn OUSD permission slip South African Affadvait
Copies of the following documents are to be attached: